Detox Your Pet’s Liver With Milk Thistle October 11, 2021 – Posted in: cats, dogs, supplements
Your pet’s liver, like ours, functions as a filter for their body. The liver works hard every day to filter toxic substances, making it highly susceptible to serious damage. Viruses, bacteria, toxins, free radicals, and inflammation are all guilty of wreaking havoc on your pet’s liver.
What is Milk Thistle?
Milk thistle is a flower in the Aster family that humans have used for medicinal purposes for over 2000 years. It’s called “milk thistle” because its leaves have white spots splashed on them.
How milk thistle extract can help prevent & repair your pet’s liver damage:
- Milk thistle can prevent or reduce medication-induced liver damage, especially from vaccines, chemical heartworm prevention, & chemical flea/tick prevention.
- As a powerful antioxidant, milk thistle protects from chemicals in the body called free radicals.
- A weak liver cannot break down toxins. Milk thistle strengthens the liver so that it can detoxify the body.
Other Uses For Milk Thistle:
- Kidney Disease: Milk thistle has been shown to decrease the time it takes a damaged kidney to heal.
- Pancreatitis: Use milk thistle to help ease symptoms.
- Diabetes: When given milk thistle at least once per week, dogs who suffer from diabetes need less insulin than they otherwise would have.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Milk thistle is not a preventative or “just in case.” You should use it to cleanse the liver after exposure to toxins or as a remedy for liver damage.
We carry milk thistle in both powder and liquid forms. Stop by anytime for more information or if you have any questions.
~Your Friends at Family Dog Naturals